Log In  |  Contact Us  |  Help
About Us
 
The Farmer's State Bank of Arnegard was issued a charter and opened for business on May 1, 1910. The bank moved to Watford City in 1934 when Watford City was named the County Seat of McKenzie County. At that time, the name was changed to First International Bank, and was the only bank in McKenzie County to survive the bank closings and the Great Depression of the 1930s.

On September 21, 1990, First International Bank acquired Midwest Federal Savings & Loan offices located in Williston, Killdeer and two offices in Minot, North Dakota. On February 1, 1992, Trust powers were added and we became First International Bank & Trust.

In 1984, the Stenehjem family acquired First National Bank of Fessenden. The First National Bank of Fessenden was founded in 1900. In 1990, First National Bank of Fessenden acquired Midwest Federal Savings & Loan offices located in Harvey and Fargo. The name of these two offices and the Fessenden office were changed to First International Bank, NA, and operated as a separate institution. Trust powers were added to First International Bank, NA in October of 1992.

On December 1, 1993, First International Bank & Trust, NA, Fessenden, merged with First International Bank & Trust. This merger combined the offices in Watford City, Alexander, Williston, Killdeer, and Minot with the offices in Fessenden, Harvey, Fargo North, Fargo South, and Bowdon, creating one institution.

First International Bank & Trust opened the Williston-Economart office in February of 1995. Two offices located in Scottsdale and Mesa, Arizona, were acquired on September 25, 1995. Construction was completed in August of 1997 on a second location in Minot.

In May of 2000 a location was completed in West Fargo, ND, making it the third in the Fargo area. On November 10, 2000, a merger was completed that combined the two offices in Arizona with the offices located in North Dakota. In January of 2004, the Airpark office was opened in Scottsdale.

The Farmer's State Bank in Elgin, ND, was acquired in March of 2006. A Fargo Southwest location opened on June 1, 2006.

On October 1, 2007 a new office was opened in Gilbert, AZ.

On May 31, 2008, First International Bank and Trust increased its’ market area by acquiring offices in Staples and Motley, Minnesota.

First International Bank & Trust (North Dakota and Arizona) is owned by Watford City Bancshares, Inc., which is owned by the Stenehjem family. First International Bank & Trust is a full service, independent community bank, a member of FDIC, and an equal housing lender.
 
 

 

Dean Thiery, AVP, Mortgage Loan Officer NMLS #631942
FIRST INTERNATIONAL BANK & TRUST
1533 N. 12th St., Bismarck, ND  58501
Direct:  (701) 751-8507
Fax:  (701) 751-8510
dthiery@firstintlbank.com
Copyright © 2017 FIRST INTERNATIONAL BANK & TRUST
The Security Statement link below and Help link above belong to the third party that hosts the site on behalf of FIB&T.
Privacy Policy  | Security Statement  |  Site Map